News Promotions Producer – Job Description
Catamount Broadcasting Inc. is seeking candidates for a News Promotions Producer. Responsibilities could include writing and editing daily news topicals, station or image promotion. Must be comfortable in a newsroom environment and willing to work flexible shifts. Must display solid news judgment, have good conversational writing skills and must be able to work under deadline pressure. The position requires the ability to edit on a non-linear editing system (either News Edit or AVID or Final Cut) and basic understanding of After Effects.
The station prefers that those applying have a minimum of (2) years writing or producing experience in a small/medium news market. Responsibilities:
• Write, produce and edit daily late news topical promos, using station's edit system.
• Attend morning and afternoon news planning meetings.
• Work closely with news department and news management to execute the strategic goals of the station.
• Write, produce and edit on-air advertising for other news, promotion and external marketing projects as assigned.
• Write and produce radio advertising for programming and news as needed.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• College degree or equivalent work experience.
• Two years promotion experience writing, producing and editing daily news topicals.
• Strong knowledge of television production procedures and news operations with a background in journalism.
• Demonstrated ability to edit on Avid or Final Cut Pro non-linear editing systems.
Submit resume and any work samples to News Director Scott Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org.