A Chico State student is in critical condition at Enloe Medical Center after he was found unresponsive after celebrating his 21st birthday with friends. Police say he suffered alcohol poisoning.
Investigators say paramedics were called to a home at 418 Hazel Street around 1:30 a.m. Sunday after someone found the victim unconscious.
The victim was found unresponsive and CPR was immediately started. He was taken to Enloe Medical Center where CPR was completed for 30 minutes requiring the response of a trauma activation team within the emergency room, according to police.
Doctors confirmed that the victim was found to be suffering from extreme alcohol poisoning and was placed in critical condition.
Police say the victim was a Chico State student celebrating his 21st birthday with friends in the downtown area bars
As of Monday morning, the victim was stable but still in critical condition at the Enloe Medical Center Intensive Care Unit. The victim's parents have since arrived from San Diego, CA are with their son at this time.
Police have not yet released the victim's name.